Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Banana Peels and Whiter Teeth

whiter teeth with bananas!

I've been seeing this "How to Whiten Your Teeth with Banana peel" image on Facebook a lot lately. What do you think? I've been focusing on taking better care of my teeth lately, and reading a lot about dental self care and re-mineralizing teeth. I haven't found much about banana peels and teeth, however, except for a few articles and Yahoo questions which, for the most part, seem to stem from or link back to one eHow article.

Today, when my kids asked for peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch, I figured I'd try using some of the peel on my teeth before tossing it into the compost. I'm certainly not expecting results like in this picture, but it couldn't hurt to try, right?

My five year old watched me for a minute and then asked, "Is that good for your teeth?" I told her that I didn't know, but I had read somewhere that it might whiten teeth. A minute later she started rubbing her lips with her spoon and quipped, "And I heard that this is beneficial for the lips!" Hehe...

If rubbing bananas on your teeth doesn't really appeal to you (pun most definitely intended), here are some other things you can do with banana peels.

I'd love to read about your favorite dental care tips, so leave a comment below!
Stay fresh!









No comments:

Post a Comment